Tuesday, September 16, 2008

s-t-r-e-s-s

Okay... this is without a doubt the most stressed I've probably ever been.

Got a phone call from my builder yesterday saying there's the possibility I may not get my keys on Friday night due to the electrical inspection not being done in time (maybe) so then I wouldn't be able to move till Monday. What that means, besides the fact that the utilities have been axed from this address as of the 20th, is that my moving crew goes from 10 people down to 3. Shit man... that's not fucking good at all. Plus, then I'll have my Babe to look after while I try to move, not to mention having to take time out to care for my "roomie". It's just NOT going to work if I have to move on Monday.

Add to this the fact that that bank is only JUST NOW getting the paperwork to my lawyer for me to sign, I had to wait for that to happen before the house insurance can go through, and I still haven't even signed my final mortgage papers! Shiiiiiiiit!!! I've got 3 days till I'm supposed to move and there's still so much that's not done yet that will ensure it's mine, despite my every effort to make things happen FAST. Bank holdups, builder holdups... they go hand in hand and now it's bank holding up the lawyers, and the lawyers holding up the insurance! Wow.

Advice... don't buy a house with posession within 20 days if it's not move in ready. It's just hardly possible to get everything done because as much as you think you should be a priority, other people don't always jive with that mentality.

I'm sure that if I were to examine my hair, there's GOT to be about 4 new grey ones in there from all of this. I just need to get through the next 3 days, and then move and then abso-fuckin-lutely collapse into a giant puddle on the floor of my new house. Oh, but not before I organize for someone to come spatula me off the kitchen floor and repackage me into some semblance of "Jules" before Sunday night when my boys are back.

I need to go pass out now.

Jules :OAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

7 comments:

Andy Looney said...

Last time I bought a new house I asked the girl in the sales office when I could move in and she said to pick any day October to December.
And so I said if I buy this one, lot 76, when can I move in?
And she looked at me as if I had two heads and said pick any day October to December.
So I said OK I'll pick October 23 and sold my old house to close on that date.
Then I get a letter from the builder saying your house will be ready on December 4. Go live in a refrigerator box on the Hydro field for six weeks.

Good thing you're young and strong, Jules. Good luck. You'll get through this somehow.

Sornie said...

It's stories like this which make me want to never move again.

The Grunt said...

This sucks, Jules. Somebody's ass needs kicking.

ebezp said...

One of the most stressful things ever - moving.
Just as long as you've got all your stress reliefers in place, oh but how's your wrist?!!

franck said...

In relation to my own stress du jour, I have been adised (by several people) to visualize the desired outcome and verbally put it out in the universe. Whatever the fuck that means.

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I recall how stressful it was when mum moved. There is no way I'd be keen on moving anytime soon.

I'm happy for you to send some of that stress my way.

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I recall how stressful it was when mum moved. There is no way I'd be keen on moving anytime soon.

I'm happy for you to send some of that stress my way.