Sunday, November 09, 2008

Mrs. Do It Herself

I built a little retaining wall today so that all the gravel underneath my newish sidewalk won't wash away over the winter. It's what I'm going to call a "living wall" because I was inspired by the old walls in England when I was there that have bits of plants growing out of them so I wanted to mimic it here. It has ended up looking nothing like an old English wall, but it HAS ended up looking like the picture I've had in my own mind. The dips and ups in the top of the wall are just beside where I've left holes in to plant things in the spring (or if I get impatient, this autumn)! Anyway, here it is, it took me the better half of the day and my wrists are sore... but I'm so happy to have it done!



Jules :Oj

4 comments:

ebezp said...

Yay lovely job!!
Maybe not English but hey!! Good job, well done!!

Jules said...

Thank you Babe! It's as close to English as I can do around here, I'm afraid! At least without costing an absolute fortune!

Burfica said...

I need a brick fence built...you up for coming to do that???

Burfica said...

I need a brick fence built...you up for coming to do that???