Sunday, February 22, 2009

drinkus majorus

I'm not sure why this happens, but I'm sure it happens to you too. So you're having a few drinks either out at a bar, or at a party of some sort and you slam the first one so you can feel the alcoholic buzz quicker and release your inhibitions. Then you just nurse a few, but before you know it, you've had just that one too many and you're suddenly drunk. So now you're acting like a blinking idiot, unable to really control your loudness and movements and everything seems hilarious. The night rolls on and before you know it, it's into the wee hours of the morning and the party's going to be coming to an end soon. This is the part I'm not sure why it happens... it's like your brain then goes "Holy hell! I'm gonna have to stop drinking soon, so I'd better get the most bang for my buck... let's do shots!!!" And the sensible part of your brain has long been sleeping for the night, so you allow yourself to pour whatever alcohol is left over from mixing drinks into the shot glass and before you know it, you've got 3 or 4 shots under your belt. It's like your brain says "okay! you're not quite drunk enough to pass out yet, we've got limited time to get us there... here we go.. hang on!"

Well, at the end of it all, I didn't pass out, I sobered up just enough to say good night to my Si as he started his day, and I slept deep and heavy without wetting the bed or throwing up.

This is what I looked like last night after a day trip to Calgary to find an outfit (more can be seen in my facebook album). Thanks for the great Hindi Party, Sis... it was so much fun!!! Great food, great friends, great dancing and singing!!

Jules 8O)

8 comments:

The Grunt said...

Did you all go and see Slumdog Millionaire?

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Eeek I recall that feeling only too well & it's the hangover post-'night like that' that made me give up drinking. Sounds like you had a fantastic night. My congrats to shell who seems to have arranged one hellava party =)

OMG you look fantastic. Will try & check out the FB soon. I must say you were either very brave or slightly loopy to brave donnin an orange one - if you look that good in orange you'd look beyond words in emerald or lilac or royal blue no other words than masha'allah

Tys on Ice said...

man, that sounded like a great party....i dont know wht u r worried abt, i thought that is how normal people behave...

india suits u.. :)

Tys on Ice said...

man, that sounded like a great party....i dont know wht u r worried abt, i thought that is how normal people behave...

india suits u.. :)

ebezp said...

You forgot to mention the other strange phenomena babe!
The drunk chat box and the drunk E mail!!!!
Your party was obviously about at that stage when I received a message in a chat box from you that I haven't yet been able to decipher!!!
Even so it sounded like you had a great time as you well deserved it to be!
Joy of joys though with it at your house you didn't leave people on the other side of the world worried about you were getting home!!!

story.of.a.falling.disaster. said...

Haha, I can't say I know your sentiments, seeing as how I am sixteen, and I have never drank. But that picture is adorable! ..And it sounds like you had quite an adventure! :P

manu said...

orange!! nice!! :-D

Tlou said...

That was fun!! Woulda been more fun if I wasn't pregnant... parties just aren't the same when you're pregnant :p