Friday, August 27, 2010

Beautiful

After my jog today I just had to stop and take some snaps of these little lovelies. The oak tree was totally loaded down with them. I've actually never seen acorns growing on a tree. I've only seen them once they've been harvested. I was fascinated at their developing design.


But even more fascinating and interesting were these little red deposits. I can only imagine that they must be some sort of egg. Some leaves were dusted with several, some leaves just had one. They were really quite stuck on there, but I didn't poke around too much, as I didn't want to disturb whatever it was. Does anyone know? In any case, the colors of them were very eye catching and they begged to have their photos taken. It made me wish I had a super macro or more so I could have gotten even closer.

Jules :Oj

6 comments:

Shell said...

Man, you always take such nice pics. Little treasures nature provides to us.

SIMON said...

I know they are great pics Jules, nice one! That is all I know!!

Jules said...

Shell - thank you, you could too, you have almost the same camera!

Si - Hmmm.. i thought you might know what those little read things were. Oh well.. thanks for the compliment!

SIMON said...

Yeah ok they look to all intents and purposes like wild strawberries!!! But they definitely are not!!!

Jules said...

Nope, definitely not, cuz they aren't prefaced by white flowers and they aren't on the ground. But good try!

Tys on Ice said...

they are alien pods..

it burst forth every forthnight and become lil crawly thingys that then goes on to become politicians..

or lady gaga.