Saturday, August 28, 2010

See, I AM just a kid!

OMG. THIS makes having a child worthwhile.. completely. The following conversation really took place today... no names or numbers have been changed.

Son: Mommy, what are you going to be when you grow up?

Me: Well, I already am a grown up and I love the job I have.

Son: No, you're not grown up yet!!

Me: I'm not?? How old do I have to be in order to be grown up?

Son: 17 years old!

Me: And you don't think I'm 17 yet?

Son: Noooooooooo

Me: I love you. How old do you think I am really then?

Son: You're just 16, Mommy. But I think when I'm 17, I'll be an astronaut. And when you turn 17 you can join me and we'll both wear astronaut space suits and make lots of money.

Me: **laughing a bit hysterically by now**

Son: What... don't you like that plan?

Me: It's an awesome plan, Baby... an awesome plan.

Jules :Oawwww

4 comments:

SIMON said...

Oh that is so worth the $5 I gave to Nathan!!!!
LOL!!!!

Vixey said...

awww. Don't you just LOVE kids. They really do make everything worth while. :o)

Diane said...

Awwww! :)

Jules said...

Si - haha! You're still paying my son off to say things? ;P

Vix - I totally DO love kids... when they make up for their crappy times by making me laugh and go AWWW!

Diane - Right!?! Totally sweet! And anyway, he's got it right. I never feel much older than 16 or 17 anyway!