Monday, September 06, 2010

Getaway

Sorry for my absence. I went away back to the mountains (which we all know I LOVE) for the Labor Day long weekend. I had a great time again too. I got to try kayaking, so that was new for me, I loved it. Here's a photo of me in the kayak. The weather didn't really cooperate that much this time on my mountainous getaway, but it is on the verge of being Autumn, and weather in the mountains can be unpredictable. It didn't detract too much from me having a wonderful little mini-vacation.


We went for an invigorating hike again... does it get any better than hiking in such beauty? Anyway, you all know my love of moss, so I thought I'd share this mossy photo with you. It's probably not even moss.. it's probably some strange fungal thing that will make me diseased, since I touched it. I thought it looked so cool though.

On the highest point of the hike, I snapped some photos like this one.. it is a totally amazing view of this lake from way up there... and soooo calm and serene. It's got to be one of my favorite places on earth that I've experienced. I'd love to just go there for a whole day, have a picnic up there, soak in the atmosphere, and watch for wildlife.

This wonderfully bizarre beetle thing on the window caught my eye enough to take its photo several times. Being on the inside of the window and it on the outside, it wasn't threatened by my camera being that close. Cool bug, hey?

Here's one of the snowcapped mountains I fell in love with on the way home. A few weeks ago when I went to Banff, there was no snow on the mountains at all. But now, even further south, they are dusted already. I love snow capped mountains.

It was all a little bit spur of the moment (well, as spur of the moment as I can be given the job I have), but I'm glad it all worked out so that I could go.

Jules :Oj

6 comments:

The Grunt said...

Awesome pics! Love those snow-capped mountains.

Vixey said...

That's fantastic Sis! So glad you had a great time. We should plan a weekend getaway to the mountains with our boys sometime (at least the smaller ones). :o)

Tys on Ice said...

wow...it looks beautiful...theres nothing like the outdoors to make you feel alive...

nice pics

don said...

That beetle has a very nice thorax..

SIMON said...

Cool bug yeah!!!

Hang on though further south means less chance of snow.... oh never mind, it didn't seem to spoil your enjoyment, glad you had such a good time!!

Jules said...

Grunty - I do too.. do you get much snow on the mountains there?

Vix - I would love to do that! Free this weekend?? ;)

Tys - Especially in the mountains, for me. There's just something amazing about being such a tiny speck on such a massive landscape. Really makes you appreciate life.

Don - LOL! Doesn't it, though? It's totally admirable and worth making note of! ;)

Si - Well usually further south means less chance of snow yes, but not in this case!