Wednesday, September 08, 2010

PRIDE is....

..... seeing your child's accomplishments.

My son's 3rd day of Kindergarten and he's so good at writing his name already! We did an exercise at home today for 30 minutes. We practiced each letter individually and then I had him go put it all into practice on the chalkboard. I am sooooo proud of my boy. He didn't need any help at all, and with each letter he printed, he said the letter name. I hope it all sticks in his memory, and that he actually does it at school. It's so beautiful!



I think we'll practice every day this week and then next week work diligently on numbers 1 to 10. But when I say diligently, I mean in the most FUN way of course! I found out today that I make an awfully good cheerleader, and I guess all those years of working with this mental age group in the school setting really did me some good for my teaching skills too! Still.... I'm not looking forward to high school mathematics.....

Jules :OD

9 comments:

SIMON said...

You are right to be proud!! He's doing great.
Teaching stuff can be fun and oh yes an excellent cheerleader!!
High school maths is a long way off and it won't be cool for him to have a cheerleading Mom by then! LOL!

The Grunt said...

Honestly, he writes better than some of the guys I work with. Way to go Nathan! Awesome, Jules!

Vixey said...

HEY!!! Great Job Nate (and mommy too of course).

Blasé said...

AWWWWWWWwwwwwwww!

Jules said...

Si - My cheerleading skills will surely improve!

Grunty - Thanks Darling!

Vix - :) It all made me so proud and happy!

Blase - Hi! Welcome to my blog! Here's your ((free hug)) for stopping by (my standard greeting, LOL). Thanks for the Awwwwwww!

Tys on Ice said...

man, hes got better handwriting than me!

Nathan rocks!

Jules said...

Tys - Erm... better than you? Okay, I'll tutor you for free. You just have to pay my airfair to India, K? ;)

dez said...

That looks great! Looks like he drew the lines too (I really hope I'm right otherwise I owe you an apology).

Imagine if he keeps this pace up. you might be to high school math in a few years.

Jules said...

Hi Dez, here's your free ((hug)) for stopping by! Hope to see you again here. Ummm.. you owe me an apology, though. I did the lines, LOL!! I wasn't trying hard, mind you. I can draw straight lines when needed. This morning he wtore his name totally unassisted 3 times on some drawings he did. And he got it right all 3 times! I was so proud! :)