Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Not just Tuesdays anymore... Life happens every day of the week.

I have to say, October has just been such a difficult month. I made a pact with Hersh a while back that we'd have to make it a good month, but neither of us has really succeeded, unfortunately. There's just been too much stress, too much pressure, and too much sad or bad news.

In my life, the month of October has produced lots of heartache causing a lot of tears. Thankfully, I have been able to let out my angst, and move on, and even smile and laugh, after all is said, registered and done.

I got to thinking tonight, how it is that I have come to be like me. Yes, a good portion of it is how I was raised (thanks parents) but also it is what I've done to make myself who I am once I became an adult. We never stop learning or growing; we expand our personalities all the time.

With this life is a guarantee of hardship and heartache. It's so important that we learn how to deal with it all so it can be absorbed, emotionally dealt with and then we can move on, move forward and continue to grow from it. Unfortunately not all of life's teachable moments are positive ones. I was reminded tonight of "Tuesdays with Morrie". I did a post about him and his book/play way back in December 2007. I want you all to click this link and go read that post... especially if you've had a tough time lately, are looking for inspiration, or have the desire to better yourself and continue to grow. Morrie taught me a lot back then, and I've kept his words inside of me ever since. After you're done reading the post, go get the book. It's a quick easy read and you'll be better off having read it. IF you're in Red Deer and want to read it, I have a copy I can lend you.

Love Jules

5 comments:

Mrs. Dude said...

november is my most hated month... i just hate it... nothing good ever happens in it (except for the year my hubby was born) and its cold and dark and has nothing exciting in it to look forward to... bleg

SIMON said...

Yes good advice Jules - go read the book!!
Other than that just go to the top of this page because ........
even if only in here........

A little bit of Jules makes everyone's day brighter.

Jules said...

REally Mrs. Dude? I'll have to see if I can bring a smile to your face this November then...

Si - Aww, that's nice, thank you!

Shell said...

My entire fall has sucked. Actually it's been a crappy year. I'm hoping to end on a high note and follow it through to next year. I keep thinking about the saying "God helps those who help themselves". I just wish he left a map how to do it.

Jules said...

Shell - You will end it on a high note. I'll help you! :) Love you!