Monday, November 29, 2010

Rest Now..... I love you.

I just got back from a trip to Quebec and while I was away, I received the one email I never wanted to open. It was from my ex-fiancee to tell me that his mom, whom I loved so so so much had passed away.

Pauline was the epitome of joy. She was always smiling, always laughing, always interested in the people around her and what her friends and family had to say. She was vibrant and able bodied, often out walking around the Wirral, even into her mid 80's. Somehow, at her age, she managed to exude a type of youthful energy that was magnetic and made you want to be around her. Never did I meet a more accepting mother, one who overlooked even the most vital aspects of her own life in order to ensure her family's happiness. She was selfless, and she was a beautiful person, a model for how people should act, and by those qualities she was one of life's great teachers. One of my teachers. But she meant more than that to me. She touched my heart and soul in ways that were profound. I cared very deeply for her.




When I received the news, I had just woken up. Laying in bed, I curled into a ball and wept. The last few months of Pauline's life were such a struggle and my tears were a genuine mixture of sorrow for her loss, but happiness for the end of her suffering. I know that she is in God's embrace now and that her spirit will wander and watch over those who need her the most.

God Bless you, Pauline.
With neverending love,

Jules xoxoxo

6 comments:

SIMON said...

Jules that is truly beautiful.

Vixey said...

Beautifully said. God bless you and God bless Pauline. Love and prayers to Si.

TIM said...

Thank you for you for your beautiful words xxx

Matt said...

Thank you Jules. Magnificent words for a truly magnificent woman. So true. Thank you for your kind words and support.

Matt. xxx

SIMON said...

Jules, this remains the most beautiful thing ever said about Mum. I have scheduled it to be reposted tomorrow on Wilko News Two (http://wilkonews2.blogspot.co.uk/) hope you don't mind.

Jules said...

I don't mind at all, of course! God Bless. i hope you all do well, emotionally, on her Memorial Day.