Tuesday, December 28, 2010

home improvement time

So my foster guy paces all the time at home, and somehow he managed to scuff up my hallway wall really badly in the process. It's been more and more noticable lately, and I got to the point where I needed to get out the home improvement stuff and fix it up.

I spackled, sanded and primed the first day and then last night I painted. I always make a giant mess of myself when I paint. I'm never able to paint without having my clothes and hands covered in the stuff. So I put on my old painting pajamas and went at it. Then my son came home from his evening with his dad, and there I was, covered in painted clothing. It was his bedtime routine, and I always cuddle with him on the couch before bed. Well, I couldn't do that with my paint clothes on, so I stripped down to my bra and panties and threw on a housecoat to cuddle with him in. After he was in bed, I thought I had just about finished painting so I just took off my housecoat and began the clean up process. Well then I saw how much the landing needed a fresh coat of paint, and then I noticed how the stairwell needed a touch up too, and then I decided to repaint the hallway alcove and rest of the hallway walls... but I never bothered to put my painting clothes back on.

I guess the neighbours, if there were watching through my kitchen door window would have had a bit of a thrill. LMAO! It was sort of liberating, painting in my underwear, and the only part of me that got paint on it was my hands!

Anyway, to my house: Happy New Year, I hope you enjoy starting the year off with a fresh coat on.

Jules :Oj

5 comments:

The Grunt said...

So now I've got a mental picture of you painting in your underwear without any way of confirming whether or not that image is accurate. I need a study aide.

SIMON said...

Oh the imagery!!
Happy New Year to the house and the household, new coats or no clothes!!!!

Tys on Ice said...

you seem to have pointed the camera in the wrong direction.

happy new year

Diary of a Gay Soldier's Husband said...

"I'm blind, I'm blind!" (Don't worry, I say that to all naked women...)

Jules said...

Grunty - I'm sure i've posted photos of me on here, from top to bottom, that's the best study aide I can offer! ;P

Si - Thanks! Happy New Year to your home too!

Tys - Happy New Year to you as well... I tried taking a photo of me, but trust me, it wasn't really all that thrilling. ;)


Dilly - Hahahahaha!!! I'd expect nothing different from you!