Tuesday, February 15, 2011

all sorts of laces

Last night I dreamed that my job was to tie up people's shoes. All people came to me for their shoe tying task. There was a giant long line up out my door, down the block as far as the eye could see, all hours of the day. I took a hot air balloon ride up just to see how long the line up was and it literally was infinite. A job for the rest of my life as a professional shoe tier. Not A shoe tier... THE shoe tier.

Probably not all too bad of a job... except that the problem was that everyone who came to me to have their shoes tied had faulty laces. That little thing on the end that holds the end together and makes it go through the holes (what's that thing called?)... they fell off of every lace I touched. Some people already had their laces looped, so for them it wasn't a problem at all. But the ones who didn't have theirs looped, it was so so frustrating and time consuming trying to get the laces through the holes.

At one point, I looked at my hands and the skin had sort of hardened on them and turned into these almost robotic like looking hands, so that they wouldn't get rubbed raw from all the handling of the laces. I remembered thinking that I felt sorry for my son who would have to take over the burden of tying shoes as he grew up, after I retired.

Ya. That's my brain for you. Weird, na?

Jules :O?

4 comments:

SIMON said...

An Aglet!!
The end of a shoelace, well you did ask!!
That's all!!! LOL!!

Jules said...

Are you sure it's called that? I watched an episode of Phineas and Ferb that focused on that exact topic, but I'll be darned if I can remember what they called it. I'm sure you're right.

Tys on Ice said...

yep, its an aglet...which comes from the french word of needle..( cant for the life of me remember that word)... must have a le or la at the end of it...

you can merci me later...

u do realize that ur dream has a very strong latent meaning of u seeing urself as someone who affects people in the most simple ways ..

hows that for pop psychology?

Jules said...

Tys - I guess there could be worse things than affecting people in the simplest of ways! Thanks for the dream analysis!