Tuesday, March 01, 2011

there's something beautiful in all the days of our lives...

.... even if it doesn't seem apparent, it's still there. Even when things just look bland and dark, there's something there to make you smile if you open your eyes.

I should take this time to say goodbye to February and welcome March. Today was the coldest day of the winter, I think. Not even with a hint of sarcasm. With windchill it was -46C (-50.8F) here this morning. Everything was a solid block of ice and the roads were all slippery after yesterday's substantial falling of snow. It was cold on the weekend as well, but it didn't stop me from taking a few snapshots of the snowflakes on my car as I headed out to a movie with mom and Vix on Sunday. I wish I'd had a cleaner car though, doesn't make the best photo this way..

But still, I guess even in the coldest of times and amidst the dirt and grime, there can still be beauty. These look like my family... well, the first one does. The second one............ ? Hopefully someday.

Jules :Oj

2 comments:

SIMON said...

Yeah now thats the kind of post that shows exactly where you are at!! Welcome back - it's been a while!! Now don't stray away again!!

Jules said...

Thanks for getting me! :)