Sunday, April 03, 2011

happiness in color

It's just that bubbles entice me so much.

I was laying there in my nightly concoction of water, apple cider vinegar and Jason Tea Tree bath and shower gel and while it doesn't have the most delicious scent, I need to do this for a while.

I was looking at the bubbly topper on my water and I became entranced by the little pockets of air. I found myself trying to understand what the deal is with me and bubbles. I came to the conclusion that there is a direct correlation between them and color and how that excites me.

Each and every single little tiny bubble, in its fantasticness, contains a prism of spectacular color, or at the very least a reflection of light that gives off 2 or 3 colors minimum. Often, though, I can see the whole rainbow just sitting there thousands of times in front of me.

And then I looked from a different perspective. I laid down farther in the water with my eyes closer to water level and some the bubbles turned to silver. A foamy metallic airy mesh that covered the top of the water wherever it was just a single layer. The silver shone brightly in spots and in others where the bubbles were thicker there were still rainbows. It was totally a feast for my eyes.

Amongst all the stressors, disappointments, sorrows we all feel some of on a daily basis... what is there in life if every once in a while you don't stop to enjoy the vividity of it all when it's clearly sitting there in front of you? Just keep your eyes open, and you'll find something akin to my bubbles that works to make you feel happy, even if just for a moment.

Jules :Oj

2 comments:

SIMON said...

OMG you and bubbles!!

You are absolutely right and one of the very few people I have ever met that does genuinely 'keep your eyes open' - maybe one of the reasons why if down you do bounce back and its always been something through my photography that I have always been able to do.

Jules said...

Si - I know. I'll try to refrain from talking about them for a while.