Monday, April 04, 2011

pockets and such...

Hmmm..

Is it just me, or is it just a tad bit insane and outrageous that the makers of my son's jacket put an internal pocket marked with a cell phone and ipod on it? My son is 5. The coat is a size 4.

Granted, when I bought it, the coat went up to a size 8 or 9.. but still.. who the heck is letting their 5 - 10 year old have a cell phone?

Suddenly I feel like an old fashioned parent... but tell me, am I wrong here? Cuz i was sort of thinking my kid wouldn't get a phone until he was at least 16, to go along with his driver's license incase of an emergency. And I'm sure as heck hoping that he's bigger than a size 9 by the time he hits that age.

Jules :O?

4 comments:

Sara said...

Im with you there, lady!!

SIMON said...

I have to say for his age now, it is as you say ridiculous.
However as to the age for mobile phones, maybe a tad old fashioned! LOL!!
For your own peace of mind when he is maybe 10/11 and in bigger school you will want him to have a cell phone for emergency comms?
We'll see!

Tys on Ice said...

iam with u on this...i feel we shud put a chip in them so that we will know where they are and can trace them , like those national geograpic guys do with whales.

Jules said...

Sara - Right?! I knew I couldn't be alone on this...

Si - I guess we'll see as he grows up what seems appropriate. He already knows more about iphones than I do.

Tys - In fact, there should be some immediate infant surgery right after birth to install said chip.