Monday, August 15, 2011

the gas factor is really inconsequential

I put this on my facebook profile earlier, but it's a blog worthy thought too.

The only times I like living as a single person are when I don't feel like cooking, when I have gas, or when I feel too lazy to make myself look good (say, on a weekend morning).

So lets take a look at that statement.

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter whether I feel like cooking or not, it still has to be done cuz I'm responsible for more than just me here. So really, that's negated.

I don't really have gas all that often, and even if I did, it doesn't take much to walk out of the room and then back in (I'm not really all that comfortable with passing gas in front of people). And we really mustn't count burping in the passing of gas, because if kept to a dainty "pffffff-ahhh" it's totally acceptable. So we'll consider this a 5% of the time issue.

Weekends.. well I only really ever have the opportunity to stay in my jammies and not do my hair and makeup all day long like once a month, if that, and I think I could still do that with a man around the house if I really felt like it. They have to know women can't be beautiful 100% of the time.

So basically, this living alone thing could really quite easily go all to heck and I'd be okay with that. For the, what.. 10% of my life that I actually want to spend alone, I think I could still pull that off even with a guy around all the time. The gas thing might be a challenge, but like I said, I don't have to deal with that too much anyway.

Excuse me while I go get lost in my dreams for a little while.

Jules :Oj

3 comments:

The Grunt said...

You've inspired me to write a song called, "Ooh Baby! Phew, Baby!"

SIMON said...

Get lost in your dreams Jules, I think we all know this post is very little to do with gas!!
Did give me a laugh and something to think about though!

Jules said...

Grunty - I have the rights to be the first to hear that song! You made me lol with that title.

Si - Thanks for the boost!