Friday, August 12, 2011

The Raj

4 days of intense labor with 2 people helping, having to cook for everyone, look after my 5 year old and make sure he doesn't get killed on the construction grounds, having to tend to my Autistic roomy, running errands, cleaning up after everyone... and it all leads to this grand accomplishment. My back yard garage that I've affectionately named "The Raj". We're almost done our part of the build. We are hiring out the rest, except we might attempt the siding later on, I'm not sure yet and we're installing the windows and man door. But roof sheeting and shingling, soffits/fascia/trim, the overhead door, eaves troughs and electrical will all be hired out. Thank God. What a loooong and exhausting 4 days. Every part of my body is aching, especially my wrist, that actually got hurt in the process, late in the day today. I'm sure it will look awful for a while, but hopefully it won't stay this sore for too long. anyway... here's what we accomplished. It's 20 x 22 and I am thankful to still have a substantial amount of back yard left to garden/play in.

Jules :O)

3 comments:

The Grunt said...

Looks good! That is a lot of hard work. Where did you get your plans?

SIMON said...

That looks amazing, you must be so excited to have that all done after all this time. "Ma's Raj" looks great and well done to you and everyone who helped. It's certainly been a mammoth task all round.
Sorry that you got injured in the process but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.
Nice one Jules!

Jules said...

Grunty - there were supposed to be plans? just kidding. when you buy a package from Totem, they give you a DVD and written instructions. :)

Thanks Si. My wrist is already feeling half better. No permanent damage done, I don't think.