Saturday, September 03, 2011

the business of cards

How long do you hold on to things for? Are you a hoarder?

I was just trying to tidy up my place and realized that I have birthday cards and anniversary cards and even a few Christmas cards from many past years. I'm not sure why I've kept them though. I mean, I'm as sentimental as the next person, but some of them are from people that I don't even talk to anymore. People that I haven't seen or heard from probably since I last received that card from them. Yet I haven't thrown them away.

I think I need to let them go and just de-clutter. It's not like they're all associated with happy times and fond memories.

How long is the "proper" amount of time to keep a card? Do people get insulted if you've decided to throw it out after a while or are you supposed to just keep cards forever?

Jules :O?

2 comments:

The Grunt said...

I think I still have every one that a certain someone sent me.

SIMON said...

There is of course no proper time, how would peeps get insulted, they'd never know!!
I used to hoard, the lot, now I only save, very few, significant ones.
Throw them away otherwise Nathan will curse you when you're gone and he has to do it!!!
That's why I don't save them anymore, because of Mum!!