Thursday, September 08, 2011

Will I be moving?

I had a realtor over today to appraise my house. I need it to sell for at LEAST $350,000 and I need the people who's house I'd love to buy to go as low as $365,000 in order for me to be able to do the deal. Soooo.. I'm doubtful that it will happen. But... tomorrow the appraisal will come back with a complete profile and comparables, etc and I'll know whether I'm destined to stay in this place longer or take a leap of faith and try to shift. I wasn't really considering it, but when this house came to my attention very recently, and I noticed how exactly perfect it would be for us, I just couldn't resist looking into it. It's got an extra bedroom and bathroom, and my much saught after double front attached garage. It's in the perfect location for Thanan. It's got room to grow as a family, should my "dreams" ever come true. It really would be amazing. And even though it needs some fixing up here and there, it's in reasonably good shape and it's mostly just cosmetic things that need to be fixed, which is actually a good thing because I could improve it and add equity. So... wish me luck. Tomorrow I'll know whether it's something I can pursue or not.

Karma.. destiny... fate.... what have you got in store for me?

Also, I was thinking of becoming a lunchroom supervisor at Thanan's school. It's not a huge commitment, I'd have regular holidays off, will give me a few hundred a month extra and that would help with a slightly higher mortgage payment, should things work out that way, and I could be a bit of a presence in Thanan's day and help make sure he stays on track (or instill the fear of me finding out he's done something wrong thus preventing such things from occurring). LOL.
Jules :O)

4 comments:

The Grunt said...

Sounds like a good move. I hope it works out for you. I have been refinishing a deck at mine.

SIMON said...

Oh I so hope all the 'ifs' and 'maybes' work out right for you!! So of course 'good luck'!!

Love the 'fear factor' idea of being a lunchtime supervisor but the extra money may make everything work a bit better!!

The Grunt said...

I saw your Facebook status. Sorry that it didn't work out. Look on the bright side: you are an awesome woman!

Jules said...

Si - LOL, I'm at home in a school setting. No fear there. *cracks the whip**

Grunty - A deck project is always fun and rewarding! Send me a photo when you're done. Thanks for saying I'm awesome!