Wednesday, November 30, 2011

back to the craft...

Thanan wanted to learn how to do some origami, so naturally, I said I'd love to teach him something. The only problem was that I'd long ago returned the origami books to the library, and origami is a bit like a language.. if you don't use it, you lose it.

Thanks to the net, I located a Christmas tree design that was simple enough for both him and I to do. I didn't have any traditional origami paper, nor did I have any really Christmas themed paper, but I think our Christmas trees turned out super well anyway!! We loved it so much we made 3 each, our own little Christmas forest. Surrounding it all with my collection of snowmen makes them seem more suitable for Christmas.

Thanan loved them so much he decided he wants to do them as a craft at his birthday party. So I think I'll go get some Christmas scrapbook paper. I'd buy Origami paper, but it just seems to come in those tiny squares. I'd rather have the flexibility to make something larger if I want.

So cute.

Jules :O)

4 comments:

SIMON said...

They are brilliant and you should both be very proud of them!!

Jules said...

They are totally adorable, aren't they! :)

Shell said...

I'm glad all that scrapbooking paper is getting used well! Pretty!

Jules said...

LOL, me too! I have a whole bag of it!