Monday, January 23, 2012

feeling blah, but I'll post anyway

Another wonderful weekend. With Thor, it never disappoints. He's really an amazing man, and I'm really sooo lucky. But I'm feeling down right now cuz he had to go home. :(

We went skating again while he was here. The weather was gorgeous and there was no reason to stay indoors. I didn't realize what a great lower body workout the skating was until this morning when I noticed that my butt felt tighter. I love exercise that doesn't seem like a grueling workout and makes you feel it the next day. It's awesome. It's hard to believe how quickly time flies, too. 2 hours went by just like that. But then again, the whole weekend flew by. Wouldn't it be awesome if all you had to do was 2 hours of exercise per muscle group to have it snap back into prime shape again? Imagine what a toned world it would be then. There'd be no excuse to be overweight. Maybe scientists should take a look at that and see what they can come up with.

We got a little bit of snow and the temps warmed back up here. Maybe tomorrow I'll think about seeing if I can get out for a nordic ski.

Well... there's really not much else to write. I received my cat's ashes and some cards, along with his paw print. Thor was with me when I opened them up and I felt a whole lot stronger because of that. So I think I'm coming to terms with that whole loss now. So ya. That's good.

Boring post. I'll say bye for now.

Jules :OI


3 comments:

The Grunt said...

Withdrawals, eh?

SIMON said...

If everyone was as good at skating as me they would spend all their time on their back side and not get any exercise!!
You need as much if not more closure for the loss of a pet than almost anything else. I hope you can come to terms with it all without too much pain.

Jules said...

Withdrawls suck, Grunty. And not in the good way.

Si - Thank you. I'm doing better.. not great, but better. I stepped onto the ice yesterday with boots on and fell twice and really wrecked myself. Ugh. Ice is for skates. Period. I didn't think I'd remember how to do it, but it comes back to you like riding a bike. Unless of course, you never learned....