Wednesday, January 04, 2012

warmth and numbness

Well, I don't know what I did.. maybe pinched some nerve somewhere or something... but my left pinky fingertip is numb today. I don't even think it's been all day. Just since like 1pm. It's sort of weird to have a fingertip be numb.

I wonder if it at all corresponds with the spot just below my left shoulder blade that for about 6 months now has been experiencing a tingling sensation. On and off... and unpredictably. Likely not though.

Today's outside temperature is +13C (or 55F). It's January 4th. Being outside was almost like short sleeve shirt weather. There's not even a wind up here in Central Alberta. Southern Alberta is experiencing an extreme wind event of 110km/h (about 70mph). But here it's calm, very warm and I think that if this keeps up I'll be experiencing spring fever. Again... it's January 4th. I took my son skating today and there were literally puddles on the ice surface. By tomorrow grass will be showing through the outdoor rinks in spots... on January 4th.

Is it safe to say that Canada is no longer the land of igloos and sub zero temperatures? Possibly NOT host to the worst winters imaginable?

Well, I don't think I'd go so far as to say that exactly, because I'm sure we'll have some deep freeze spells still. We've got 3 months of winter to deal with just about still. But I'm sure enjoying this. And it's keeping the roads driveable, which is a total advantage in many ways. It keeps Thor within reach better, it reduced cabin fever, it makes new release Bollywood films in Edmonton or Calgary more accessible......

That's it for now. I have to go play.

Jules :Oj




1 comment:

SIMON said...

Enjoy it while it lasts!! It is not too late for Canada to still have the worst winter ever!!