Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year!

Give this a read: 

"It is statut and ordainit that during the reine of hir maist blissit Magestie, ilk maiden ladye of baith highe and lowe estair shale hae libertie to bespeak ye man she likes; albiet, gif he refuses to tak her till be his wif, he sall be mulcit in ye sume of ane hundredth poundis or less, as is estait mai be, except and alwais gif he can mak it appear that he is betrothit to ane other woman, then he shall be free."

(find article here)

Many people believe in sadie hawkin's day and look forward to the one day per every 4 years where they are given the opportunity to propose, and I know that in today's day and age, a woman wouldn't be frowned upon if she asked for her partner's hand in marriage regardless of the day. Afterall, it's not like we're living in the dark ages anymore and I believe it is totally socially acceptable to perform this action. Reality dictates that the rights of man and women are becoming more and more equal as the years go on. Right? You must agree. 

My feelings on the subject are a bit mixed however and I still live life as a bit of a traditionalist, at least when it comes to this topic. Every bone in my body says get down on one knee, but my brain and heart say: just let it go, it will happen when the time is right. 
________________________________________________

Doesn't mean I can't implant subliminal messages.....

I guess you're safe this time, Thor.. However, if there are any women out there who have been dreaming of marrying me, you never know what could happen today! 

Happy Leap Day! 
Jules :OD

7 comments:

The Grunt said...

I didn't get proposed to.

Jules said...

Awwwww.... but did you want to?

SIMON said...

Oh I kept all lines of communication with everyone well and truly open and said so on Facebook!!
Lynn commented 'ever hopeful'!!
But you have really let me down..... (no not like that!) I had you down of all my friends in all media as the one who would be getting down on one knee, oh Jules I even read the last part first because I was so sure you would have done......
Happy belated Leap Day or in fact Happy St. David's Day!!

Jules said...

You actually thought I would propose to a man? LOL! I love him truly, but some things are just the man's job..

Quiet Paths said...

I will send out good vibes in the right direction. Leap year or no... every old sock needs an old shoe. (Irish saying, not mine.)

Jules said...

QP - yes please, do send those vibes.... I'm not even joking.

Quiet Paths said...

I totally know you are not joking...sending sent. :)