Sunday, March 11, 2012

no!!

Have I ever told you all that I have a bit of a thing with wiggly teeth and not in the good sense?

It really wigs me out to think about loose teeth. It freaks me out to see them wiggle around in there and I hate how it inevitably means that you can't keep a child's fingers out of their mouth. Not to mention the vanity aspect of losing teeth. What once was a perfect set of straight and even teeth would soon become a holey mess.

Soooo.. Thanan has his first loose tooth and I'm sort of freaking out about it. I hate seeing it wiggle, it sends chills down my spine every time and I don't even know what the tooth fairy pays for teeth anymore.When I was  losing teeth they went for like a quarter, I think. Maybe a dollar. I can't remember. I loved seeing his teeth coming in, it was awesome. But seeing them leave? Not so much.

Ick.

Send help NOW, so that I don't fail at being a mom.

Thanks.

Jules :O(

By the way, for years I had thought becoming a dental hygienist would be a great career choice for me, considering how much I love clean straight pretty teeth. Writing this post has curbed that enthusiasm for that career. If I can't handle wiggly teeth or pulling them, I can't be a hygienist, now can I?!?!  For those of you on twitter: #whatwasIthinking

4 comments:

SIMON said...

Oh yeah it's a good bye to that dream career!
You could never ever fail as a Mom! As parents we do so much for our kids that you would or could never do normally.
Inflation as it affects tooth fairies is a global problem of course but as long as your little man gets the same as the 'other' tooth fairies are leaving then all will be fine..... "School yard, Mom talk?"!
If in doubt I would suggest Canada has the absolute correct coin for the purpose!!

Quiet Paths said...

Oh man get ready to dole out the big bucks.

Jules said...

Si - so... a toonie then? I was thinking maybe a fiver for his first tooth and then toonies after that.

QP - Ya. It's going to break my bank account all at once, I bet. The good news is that I actually wiggled it without spazzing out afterwards. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Quiet Paths said...

Oh yay. I'm glad that all came out alright. Weird, I just found one of the boys' teeth they wanted me to keep while I was cleaning out a drawer. Yuck. I never intended to keep it that long.