Thursday, March 01, 2012

whud's that noise?

There's a noise. I don't know what it is. It happens every so often near my computer. It's not a click, it's not a thud, it's not a snap or a rat-a-tat-tat.

It's sort of like a whud-tick. Not a loud one either. A soft whud-tick. It doesn't happen in a pattern, as far as I can tell. It just whud-tick's when it wants to.

I first noticed it about a week ago. Prior to that there was no whudding at all. I wondered then what the whud-tick was and what the whud-tick would say if it were actually given words.

Jules :O?


10 comments:

SIMON said...

Is it the fan?
They have been known to whud tick!!

Jules said...

No it's coming from inside the wall. I think I have a mouse ghost.

don said...

I would have said fan too but now I think it's the wind.

Jules said...

It could be the ghost mouse's wind.

Quiet Paths said...

The mouse ghost ate something which gave it indigestion. Leave out a Tums...

The Grunt said...

Two mouse ghosts doing it?

Jules said...

QP - LOL, that's funny, I'll try it.

Grunty - Love that. Of course that's the answer! Why I didn't think of it, I don't know.

Quiet Paths said...

Jules, I had posted a link to the garden of a thousand Buddhas awhile back but here is the link : http://www.ewambuddhagarden.org/pages/home.html

Jules said...

I figured out the noise is not ghost mice at afterall. It was the desk on which my laptop sits... or rather an annoying sound that the drop down door makes when there is pressure applied to it.

Jules said...

Thank you QP, I did go check it out and I will go see it in person this summer!