Wednesday, April 11, 2012

powerful moment

We had just finished the treasure hunt and we were having a 5 minute play break while I got ready for the next Spring Break Party activity. She leaned against the back of the couch, watching the festivities at hand and said to me: "You're SUCH a good mom, Jule...... you're a better mom than I was when you were his age..." as she glanced towards Thanan and back to me. I had to promptly swallow hard, hug her tightly and say "Noooo.. you are an awesome mom!"

But I could have cried in that moment.

... I still could.

Jules xoxo

5 comments:

Quiet Paths said...

That is so freaking awesome.

The Grunt said...

See, I told you that you were good.

don said...

Your mom did a pretty nice job on you too.

Jules said...

QP - Yes, yes it was!

Grunty - I guess you were right! I should believe people more often. lol

Don - **heartwarming** Thank you!! :*

Tys on Ice said...

well, she didnt do so bad either....but i guess its one helluava validation when it comes from your own mother...:)