Sunday, April 15, 2012

you animals!

I spent a wonderful weekend in the Rockies with my dear Thor this weekend. Every time we go to this one location, there are at least some Big Horn Sheep. This time was no exception. We spend a portion of one of the mornings on a walk and came across a large herd of them. There weren't any really big males, it seemed like a fairly young bunch. They weren't very horny, except for the one that was feeling frisky and tried to mount a young female. That was entertaining.  So, without more of an intro than that, here are three lovely photos of some very cool animals. 

This one had the largest horns of the bunch, I think.

This one never took it's eyes off of us. 

 I think it sort of looks a bit creepy how this last one's legs are folded beneath it. Strange. 


UPDATE: I decided to add the one of the horny sheep about to
mount a female.. just for Sids. See it on the rise there? 
Not the greatest photo, but it was worth a chuckle.

Jules :O)

6 comments:

don said...

Nice! Those are great shots!

Jules said...

Thank you, Don! They needed a bit of adjusting, but yes, I thought they were blog worthy. Plus.. I love excuses to tell the world what a wonderful time I have with my boyf!

Quiet Paths said...

They must recognize you; they quite relaxed. :)

The Grunt said...

What a big, horny post!

Siddhartha Joshi said...

Hahaha...these all do look 'horny' in a way :) You should've shared a picture of sheep trying to mount...that would be scandalous fun :)

Btw the first one is my fav, he looks majestic!

Jules said...

QP - They probably do, we're there often enough!

Grunty - Well, I aim to please...

Sids - I'll post it just for you..