Sunday, July 08, 2012

A piece of me you might not have known

Well.. if you know me well, you would know that I have written about a dozen little children's books that I've mostly kept to myself. Some form a series written about a toddler's milestones in growing up, and the other is a stand alone book based on a little boy's admiration of his mom (we write what we know, right?).   :)

Anyway, they've been sitting in storage for a while now and I haven't known what to do with them. I once had a blog friend, when I first started blogging, who was a children's book author and when I asked him how to publish my stories he basically said "good luck with that, breaking into the children's book scene is extremely hard because everyone thinks they can write them." So I became a bit doubtful that mine were good enough. I never did anything about them. He and I didn't stay in contact much beyond that because I realized I didn't need people instilling doubt into my brain.

Last night I decided to research it a little bit and came across a Canadian publishing company that was taking submissions. So I followed their very strict criteria and I have gotten together my package, ready for mailing, for the stand alone book. I'm not sure what my goal is here. I don't know if I want to become a world famous author, or just share my cute little stories with whomever will read them on a smaller scale. I think it would be really cool to say I am a published author, though, and maybe it will open up some new doors for me along my lifetime.

So after I mail this away, sometime this week, it will be 4 months until I hear anything. That's how long it takes for them to get around to reviewing new submissions. Wish me good luck for November!

Jules :O)

6 comments:

SIMON said...

As you know I know of your little children's books and I think they are incredible and I'm sure your stand alone book is fantastic, given the topic!!
I'm so pleased that you've got round to doing something more with it. You don't need goals just yet, just a wider audience to be able to fully appreciate your wonderful creative talents.
I so wish you luck!

Ivo Serentha and Friends said...

Good luck to you, that your desire and your commitment will not materialize, however, is a very winding road!

A hug dear

The Grunt said...

Best of luck! I hope you get a publishing deal.

Quiet Paths said...

That is really awesome. Good for you.

Shell said...

That is fantastic!!!! I wish you all the luck in the world, though you don't really need luck! Go kick some children's book butt!

Jules said...

Thanks Si. I'm not sure about getting the other series published, but we'll see what happens.

Ivo - I believe it will happen eventually. I just have to keep trying. A hug back.

Grunty - Thank you.. MEEE TOOOO!

QP - Life's too short not to try a few of the gambles, I figure.

Shell - Yes, those children's books better watch their backs... I'm a comin' for them... ... ... I hope...