Monday, August 13, 2012

DIYing

This is the first half of backyard project #3 for this summer. I had a whole bunch of 4x4's from my old vegetable garden boxes that I had to tear down when I built the garage and fence. I wanted to use them somehow, but not have to go get anymore wood from the store. So I envisioned a corner bench in the back corner of my yard. Voila! Here it is! 


Step 2 of this project is to somehow build a corner pergola to sit over top of the bench. I'll have to think on that one for a while.

That puppy is heavy. Supported by stringers attached to the fence as well as a support post that runs to the ground. I think it's sturdy enough to hold at 2 adults. For sure it holds me, so that's good! If I feel it's too wobbly being attached to the fence like it is, I'll take it down and build legs for it. But I think it looks cool this way. I'll either hunt down or make a weather proof cushion for it and pillow. I can see me relaxing out there when I just want to go and get away. Once that tree grows in back there some more, it will be quite private. I have a few other things I want to do in that same back area as well. But I can't give away my secrets.

Jules :Odiy)

2 comments:

SIMON said...

That's way cool!! Lovely to see the progress in your back yard!

Jules said...

Thanks! It's got the pergola almost done, and an old window and door hung around it to make it seem like an outdoor home-like space. When it's all complete, I'll post another photo.