Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Strum-a-la-la..

He plays, I sing... together we make harmonious music. 


I can't even count the number of instruments Thor has. This trip he had brought this guitar as well as his mandolin. He says he isn't really that good, but he's just being modest. You can't have the musical background he has and not know what you're doing. I love and admire his knowledge of stringed musical instruments, and I'm thrilled every time we are able to make music together.

I don't know if I'll be able to sing once I have my thyroid removed, as apparently nicking the vocal chords is a commonality for having that surgery done. Thor says he's sure I can retrain my voice. I hope he's right, but even if he's not, it sure has been a pleasure to be able to do this with him so far and will be up until then.

Jules :Olala)

4 comments:

SIMON said...

I always think it's great when couples are able to share and make music together.
Thor is of course right about you retraining your voice as and if! Many people in the music business have successfully done so.

Incidentally Night Fever by Matt & Sarah on his page on the book of face, you might both like it, it is really good!!

Jules said...

Yes, I do suppose you're both correct. I just might sound a little more hoarse, permanently.

I'll look at Matt's page and listen to his song.

Quiet Paths said...

Hopefully all will be well post surgery. Singing is a great joy to me so I kind of can relate.

Jules said...

Yes, hopefully it will be. I'm getting so hoarse right now from all the pressure, that maybe I won't even sound any different after all is said and done. Seems i have a fair amount of time to wait for the surgery now anyway.