Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sunshine

I went to the Bowden Sun Maze on the weekend. Most of the flowers were no longer in bloom, they had happily transitioned from flower to sunflower seeds. I thought it looked really cool how the tiny yellow flowers become the soft seeds. They were pickable, but softer than they should have been. This pic shows the seeds just forming. Someone (not me) had created the heart. Adorable. 


There were still some in bloom, and the ones that were all housed at least one bee. I tell you, you wouldn't want to go there if you were allergic to them, for sure. They were just minding their own business, though. I was able to macro a few of them and they didn't mind.


Here's one I feel like posting just for the cool texture. I think it's amazing how they start off so compact and tiny, then just open into hundreds of stars. Happy.


Well, that ought to have been much more uplifting than the last post which I wrote but decided to delete.. hey?

Jules :O)

4 comments:

SIMON said...

Lovely pics, love the last one but are you sure you didn't do the heart....LOL!
Beautiful 'smiley' flowers!!

Jules said...

They say yellow is the color of happiness, I guess they were right! No, I didn't have the time to do any sculpting there, not with Thanan and my nephews there!

Quiet Paths said...

I really like these macros. I just LOVE sunflowers. And bees... and all things growing. Except knapweed. heh

Jules said...

QP - I thought it was so interesting to see how the little blossoms turned into seeds. I think that's the best bee photo I've ever taken. I wish I'd have had more time to study and take more pics of them. I love all things growing too. There's a "prevent the spread of knapweed" sign when you enter Kananaskis Country near Banff. ;)