Tuesday, November 13, 2012

beauty

Thor and I spent an amazing weekend together in.. you guessed it... Radium. We love exploring all the goodies you can find in the wild. Such breathtaking beauty can always be counted on, regardless of the season in the National Parks. 

Fairmont Hot Springs this time of year is gorgeous. It was freely flowing with water where the natural hot springs nest on the hillside above the resort. It was hot and steamy.. and so colorful! Rich lime greens paired with hues of corals, beiges, greys and browns. Together it all danced while the symphony of the water caressed it, providing a never ending magical movement that delighted the senses. 


The waters flow out of the hillside and into several carved out stone tubs that are part of the hills themselves. They created this small building for bathers to come and privately enjoy a hot bath. The water flows in, and then it comes out the bottom of the little house, always providing fresh natural hot springs for any patrons who should so choose to use them there.


We spotted a sight to behold on the way out of Fairmont. A mother black bear and her 2 cinnamon cubs foraging for berries on a large mountain ash tree. It really was incredible and I learned alot about how strong the branches of a tree like that can be. It was amazing! Those cubs weren't exactly small, and the tree supported both of them at the same time.


I think this is Kootenay River. Thor and I enjoyed watching the ice flow past us as we breathed in the crisp mountain air and walked along the shore and forest path. Such an amazing place. As you go into BC, it has a sign that boasts "Welcome to BC, the most beautiful place on earth." I don't know if that's totally accurate, but I bet it would give other stunning locations a run for its money.


Jules :O)

7 comments:

SIMON said...

Oh boy Canada sure is a fantastic place isn't it? Ice flows and hot springs are a total contradiction aren't they? Oh and bears - in a tree! Just Wow, that's all!!

The UnMighty said...

I don't know what I like more, the pictures or that you're friends with Thor.

Jules said...

Si - I hadn't thought of that complete opposite statement, but yes they are. The bears were really cool to watch, too.

TUM - I know, right? Thanks for commenting on the blog, here's your free (hug) for stopping by. I give one away to all new people who comment here. Which isn't very many people these days. Nice to see new blood in here. I'll have a peek at your blog soon.

Quiet Paths said...

These are beautiful photos. I love BC and Canada in general. We totally need to go up there. Are the rooms pretty pricey?

Quiet Paths said...

PS: I hope you are feeling better each day.

Dean Grey said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

-Dean

Jules said...

Hello Dean! Welcome to my blog! It's nice that you stopped in, here's your free (HUG) just for commenting!

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. I will come check out your blog soon.