Friday, February 01, 2013

Amusing....

Well in light of recent events, when I stumbled upon this product in a local store, my first thought was, "Wow.. I bet it won't be long before this company changes its packaging and no longer wants him as an endorser..." followed by a hearty internal laugh to myself. A really hearty one. Some of my laugh even squeaked out but then I put a lid on it when the guy down the isle looked at me funny. A health food store isn't really normally a funny place to be, you see. 


I just think there's something really hilarious about using the slogan "pure natural energy" on a product with Lance on it. I was almost embarrassed to buy these, but it had to be done. I'm sure the product itself is really fantastic, I mean who wouldn't want to eat a chocolate, strawberry, lemon or honey waffle energy cookie thing, right? It's not the product that I'm laughing at, at all. Just the packaging.


Internal laughter is good, but I couldn't help but share this particular irony with you all.

Jules :O)

3 comments:

don said...

Man, Lance had it all.. but I guess there's something to be said for playing fair, and treating others with kindness and respect.

SIMON said...

I am very surprised that even an American product wants anything to be endorsed by Lance.
The irony certainly isn't lost on me and I have to allow myself a sneaky little laugh at the product too!
Though I'm sure it's fine!!

Jules said...

Don - I totally agree... having good character can get you through anything. He was just a gigantic fail all round.

Si - I found out right after I posted this that they had already pulled out of their deal with him, as far as having his photo and name on the packaging goes.