Saturday, February 16, 2013

I do, I do, I do

There's only one definition for love.

It's when someone comes into your life and stays with you, no matter how difficult, scary, rewarding, or demanding life gets. They don't falter, they don't waiver. They just stay there, by your side, supporting you and making you feel like you're all that matters.

It takes time and dedication, you can't recognize love overnight because you don't see it fully and completely until you are put through all these things. You don't truly love someone until you've spent time with them, getting to know them, getting to grow with them through all things you encounter. Life's rewards and struggles don't push those who love each other apart. They just bring you closer together. You celebrate the happy bits and support through the bad bits, and that develops a love stronger than anything else. You put them above yourself and recognize that they are important.. not just when it's convenient, but all the time. It's about being thankful for every interaction you have with them by whatever means you have it, and for feeling grateful that they are in your life on a daily basis. It's about trust, appreciation and communication, which all leads to contentment, which is a huge part of love.

I might not have lived a full life yet, so some may argue that I'm not wise enough to define love, but I'm pretty sure that I have a handle on what it's all about now.

Love someone. I do.

Jules :Oyes.

1 comment:

SIMON said...

When I first saw the 'headline' I thought it was going to be a congratulatory comment of the highest order!!
Having read your post, that may not be that far away!!