Sunday, March 03, 2013

gut instincts

Well, I was going to go meet Thor in Radium this weekend, but we had to regrettably call it off due to my cold and the winter weather alert. It's a good thing we did, too, because my cold's gotten worse, it snowed a foot here and it was due to snow way more south west of here (en route to Radium), and Thor has car issues to contend with which would have resulted in towing it back to the US had he driven it up there. 

Sometimes you just have to follow your gut instinct on things. It would have made for a stressful weekend, and the last thing you want is to be stressed when you either a) are at Radium or b) are with your partner that you don't get to see much. 

So this weekend, instead of travelling, I spent it with my loved ones, and I started to write and illustrate my next children's book. I hate to sound predictable, but since the first one was about moms, this one is about dads, but in a totally different format. I guess we'll see how it comes together. The one after this will be a totally different concept. I already have it written and it's been one of those "laying in wait" projects for a while now. I'm on a roll now, might as well keep on going. It's a fun new hobby. 

Consider yourself all caught up on my goings-on. 

Jules :Oj


2 comments:

SIMON said...

Can't wait for your second (and the rest!) book. It would only be that predictable if it was to be called Dads are Magic Too!!
It's not is it?!!

Glad you didn't travel over the weekend, sounds like it was a bit wintry!

ryanOryan said...

love your style. holla...r0r

http://soproper.wordpress.com/