Sunday, April 28, 2013

flowers and hearts

Radium greeted us with open arms and warm smiles this weekend. We stayed at our favorite place to stay, and we got it all to ourselves. What a treat to not hear other people snoring or showering at 6 in the morning.

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the trip. I really didn't take too many, but the ones I did take turned out well.

As if I wasn't in love with these hands already, now I love them even more. 


It took the collective minds of Thor and his mom to tell me what this really pretty lavender colored flower is called.  It's the state flower of South Dakota and it's called a pasque flower. I love how it looks like a little tulip when it's standing straight up and not very open, aside from its foliage. It's a member of the buttercup family. Really pretty, and they decorated the mountainside nicely as we went on our hike. I don't think it has any special significance here in Canada, but it was nice to see along the way.



I'm sure someone placed this heart shaped rock on the trail so that everyone would stop and take notice of it. I wonder how many times it's been photographed by now. We've walked that trail several times and I haven't seen it there before. I believe it's a new addition, but I doubt it's random, and it might just not be there next time I go, so I had to take its photo.


Jules :O)

4 comments:

The Grunt said...

Nice photos! It's good to see someone with their counterpart.

SIMON said...

Beautiful flower, so glad you've had it properly identified!
Vivid Intellect = Hearts, done deal!!

Quiet Paths said...

A wonderful catch of hearts and one of my favorite springtime flowers.

Jules said...

Grunty - Thank you! :D

Si - I probably overdo the heart theme on my photos, then, hey? I'd better switch it up a bit, don't want to become boring.

QP - Those flowers really are eye catching on the side of a mountain or in a field. Love them. I'd never seen them before.