Tuesday, April 16, 2013

hobby-licious

I'm almost ready to tell the world that my Moms Are Magic book can be ordered in hard copy! I've given final approval, and currently am in the works at obtaining my Tax ID Number for the States. I can't sell any hard copy books without getting one of those and sending that and another form in to CreateSpace (the print on demand company I'm using. After that, the royalties stuff will be worked out and I can finally close the door on that one and start my new book. The new one might even "out-cute" this one!

Other than that... life's calmed down in my home. No more house guests, but still feeling quite stressed out by the situation. When May comes, things will settle into how they are supposed to be and everyone will breathe a few sighs of relief.

I've been learning to play ukelele. Thor gave me a really beautiful Kala Uke over Easter because I'd been talking about wanting to learn to play one. Even though I was unsure of whether I'd be able to take to it or not, he bought me one, and I can happily say that after having it for just 2 weeks, I can play 3 songs fairly well, am learning strumming patterns and have been practicing fingering the strings too. I know quite a few chords, I've lost count, and it's cool to be able to play an instrument and sing along with it. I find that it centers and calms me, and I feel happy when I play it, so I've played it almost daily... as much as my fingers will allow. Here are some pics of my pretty little Uke.




I love my two new hobbies as of late.. illustrating and playing the ukelele. The only trouble is deciding which one to do at any given moment in time. :)

Jules :Oj

4 comments:

don said...

You will get a lot of enjoyment out of that uke.

Quiet Paths said...

Nice choice! Good for you - we love playing too.

SIMON said...

Well obviously we need an illustration of a busy author playing the uke!!
Well done you are doing well!

Ivo Serentha and Friends said...

A good bang for your book, and congratulations on your choice of play that curious instrument ukulele, good luck!