Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bonsai!

The last time I took Thanan to get his hair cut, I bought these two tiny "crystal bonsai trees".. because they suck parents into buying their kids things after the haircut is over so that you don't just end up spending the money for the hairut but you become this big giant pushover for whatever reason and you end up dropping another 5 or 6 dollars there too. Plus tip. Getting a boy's hair cut is expensive. Or I just need to stop being a pushover. 

Anyway, these bonsai tree things are made of cardboard, they have a plastic base and a liquid that you just simply pour into the base. The cardboard branches absorb the crystal solution and before you know it, poof! You have these really cool looking (but highly delicate) bonsai trees. Thanan, of course, thinks we're rich now because we "grew our own crystals". Ahhh, the age of innocence. 

Here are a few pics of the trees, macro of course.. because that's what I enjoy doing. Thanan's tree was pink and white. 


My tree was just white and had a different shape. But I love this pic because if you didn't know what it was, you could almost imagine being above the clouds...


I saved the best pic for last.. because.. drum roll please... there's a HEART!  I thought I'd better post that to mark Mother's Day. Happy Day to all the moms out there! 


Jules :O)

5 comments:

SIMON said...

Oh I ♥ the ♥!!
Hope you had a wonderful Mom's Day!

Picture wise though Thanan's tree is the best!!

Quiet Paths said...

Wow, those are amazing. Hope your Mother's day was wonderful.

Jules said...

Si - yes, the heart was such a cool find! Glad I noticed it.

QP - Thank you! I had to get pics, cuz they're so fragile. I've since had to throw my white one away. The slightest vibration and the crystals fall off and turn to powder. It was a nice mother's day, I hope yours was too!!

don said...

Cool pics!

Jules said...

Thank you HB! :*