Saturday, June 22, 2013

Random Photos

I have 3 photos to share with you tonight. Here's a photo I took of the walking bridge over our river the day it was predicted to flood. The waters were still low, so the bridge was still open. It has since flooded down by this bridge, so it's closed now to all pedestrian traffic. Don't worry though, it won't be washed away. I thought the rain made for a beautiful reflection, amidst the horrors that Mother Nature was throwing at my province.


I took this photo of the condensation of my iced peppermint tea from Cool Beans Bus yesterday at Food Truck Friday. It was really cool how all morning it was pouring rain, but just in time for the food truck gathering, the skies turned partially blue and it was warm enough to create this on my cup. I just thought it looked pretty. Cup Bling.


Here's what I used as a birthday cake today. It's Butter Tart Squares. I threw caution to the wind and ate sugar. Real sugar. My tongue is paying for it tonight though. But here is a photo of that. Happy Birthday to me. I'm 37 years old now and I was told tonight that I look like I'm 24. Yes!


Jules :O)

5 comments:

Steel Man said...

Happy Birthday to a very beautiful lady out there!

Jules said...

Thanks, Steel Man

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

SIMON said...

Well I was wondering about the floods and how you all were being affected, hope it doesn't get any worse for you.
Love the cup bling pic, excellent!
Oh and of course hope you had a terrific day on Saturday!

Jules said...

Steve - Well, thank you! I will check it out. Here's your free (HUG) for stopping by to comment! I speak my mind here, I hope it isn't offensive.

Si - I love that pic too. :) My saturday turned out quite great, and was topped off by 2 giant hugs from my favorite German performance arts senior lady. Love her.