Sunday, July 07, 2013

Autism Enigma

I watched this program on tv when it aired last year and it really stuck with me, so much so that I've been thinking about it a lot lately and decided to re-watch it online tonight. I've been in the field of working with Persons with Disabilities for the past 17 years and have worked with people with a great number of different disabilities, everything from victims of stroke, to the most profound levels of Autism. I have worked with People with Downs Syndrome, FASD, Cerebral Palsy, Global Developmental Delays, Mental Illness.. the list just goes on and on. There's not much I haven't seen in this line of work.  It fascinated me when I watched this program for the first time, and I immediately wondered if this would be something that affected my Autistic foster guy. I didn't do anything like going to his guardians and seeing if we could get testing done for this theory in the video then, but tonight I will forward the video on to his mom and see what she thinks.

If you are suffering with problems in your health and well being like memory, focus, concentration, language, socialization, intestinal/stomach issues, enhanced sensitivity to environmental factors, OCD and fixations, maybe to some slight degree, or maybe to some major degree, you are having some sort of Clostridial (harmful bacterial) attack that is sending harmful neuro-toxins to your brain synapses, thereby affecting your body's ability to live, develop and act in a normal manner.

Maybe to some degree we all have a problem with this. The more we eat processed foods.. foods full of steriods, antibiotics, pesticides and hormones, and the more we steer ourselves away from a clean diet of healthy earthy foods, the more likely we are to develop problems within the gut, countless scientists are finding. They are linking this more and more to severely disabling diseases.

Do yourself a favor, watch this 45 minute video, by CBC's David Suzuki in "The Nature of Things".  It's called "Autism Enigma," but what you really should watch it for is a basic and general understanding of how what lives inside of your gut affects you as a being.

I'm not implying that you are a Person with a Disability at all. I'm just saying that at the very least, maybe you should try doing your body a favor by doing an intestinal/gut cleanse and also add taking a strong probiotic to your daily regime. Help your good gut flora to flourish, see if it makes a difference in the way you feel and operate. It can't hurt...

Jules :Oiloveinformation)

4 comments:

SIMON said...

I may in time watch the video but it all makes sense because I have a daily probiotic drink and certainly notice not what it does but what happens when I don't have it!

Jules said...

si - A daily probiotic drink isn't enough probiotic, neither is yogurt. Just saying.. :) Good effort though.

SIMON said...

No I'm sure it isn't enough but I can still feel the difference when I don't!!
Position - bottom rung!!

Jules said...

TMI, Si.. TMI lol