Sunday, September 29, 2013

Enchanted...

If you hike in an enchanted forest, you are bound to come across things of beauty like this: 


... and you're also bound to run into creepy things like this (which I almost stuck my hand on top of.. yikes):


Maybe it was the fact that I was just in a good mindset, or maybe Thor passed on some courage to me somehow, but I managed to snap not 1 but 4 macro photos of this spider. **patting my own back for overcoming this fear (however temporary it was)**

Looking forward to our next hike in the next enchanted forest.

Jules :O)


6 comments:

don said...

Hes a nice spider.

Jules said...

LOL.. the 4th photo I took looked like he was going to jump on me and kill me with a single bite. Glad I got out of there when I did!!

SIMON said...

A great picture of an I'm sure lovely spider! Very brave, well taken!
Maybe the next enchanted forest will be a spider free zone!

Jules said...

A forest without a spider.. Heavenly.

Dean Grey said...

What exactly the first photo a picture of?

It appears to be curling bark from a tree but I've never seen that happen before.

-Dean

Jules said...

that exactly what it is, Dean, a birch tree that fell and it's bark is curling. Birch tree bark often peels like this.