Monday, October 07, 2013

Is it love?

"Oh Mommy, you're just the BEST person in the world.. besides Victoria..." and then his eyes went sort of hazy as he temporarily drifted off into the land of daydreams of the opposite sex. He's almost 8.. I guess it's time to start thinking about pre-pubescent love. Afterall, I was either 8 or 9 when I played "chase the boy" at lunch recess. The boy's name in my case, was Kyle. He was a cowboy kid with shaggy blonde hair and he was short and thin. Something about him was super cool, at that time in my life (though I have no gravitation towards cowboys at the age I'm at now). I caught him and kissed him on the cheek.. we played it often that year but never became boyfriend/girlfriend for whatever reason. Thanan and Victoria played "chase" today at lunch recess. He said that if she ever catches him, she's going to "headband" him. I didn't have a clue what that meant, but turns out it's literally just putting a headband on Thanan's head. She wears them every day, I guess. So I take it that the headband is the equivalent to wearing a guy's pin, in the good ol' days, except reverse. Strange way of showing affection. I hope Thanan doesn't have to wear it long though.. that would probably strike people as odd.

Thanan got to sit beside her on the carpet at the end of the day for 10 whole minutes today, too. I suspect that was really the highlight of his day.

Jules :Oaww)

2 comments:

SIMON said...

Simple answer to your question.... Yes!!
It is love - right here, right now, for him!

Jules said...

Sure is, and continues to be so!