Sunday, November 17, 2013

Carols in the mall...

I guess I've been pretty negative lately. Sorry about that. It's a tough time of year for me.

Something really cool that happened today was as I was walking in the mall with Thanan, a trio was playing Christmas carols, jazz style. Normally I don't really get into jazz music, but these people were good enough to bring a smile to not just my face, but Thanan's too. He insisted on staying to listen to several of their songs. After each song, we clapped and cheered. We were the only people who actually stopped to listen for any length of time. When we applauded, the faces of the trio totally lit up. Our little sense of appreciation really made them happy and let them know that their efforts weren't in vain in that busy space with hundreds of Christmas shoppers going about their business and ignoring them.


Thank you, lovely Trio. I didn't stop and ask you what to call your group, but I know you knew you brought a smile to some faces today.

Jules :O)

4 comments:

SIMON said...

I'm a firm believer in keeping Christmas in December but if it brings some sunshine in to your lives then it can be Carols in July!!
Good for 'them'!

don said...

That's awesome, every band likes a little thanks.

Nisha Jha said...

I like these talented musicians playing in the malls or on the streets. Glad that it brought smile on your face. :-)

Jules said...

Si - They did a really good job. Not professional level stuff, but I admired them.

Don - It was amazing how little people seemed to actually pay attention to them. I'm glad we did.

Nisha - Hi lovely lady! Yes, I love it too, I almost always stop to appreciate such events. :)