Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Magnificent mountains...

Castle Mountain, half way between Banff and Lake Louise, Alberta. The sky was magnificently blue, the rocky peaks and plateaus were dusted with just the right amount of snow to call attention to its glory, playing peek a boo with the thick forest below... 


I love Castle Mountain. It's one of my favorite ranges in the Rockies. Standing proud and tall at 2,766 m or 9, 075 feet, it's not the highest peak, but it's nothing to shake a stick at either. I always know that when I turn that one corner of the Trans Canada Highway and see it, that I'm only an hour away from seeing Thor. It's like the last leg before I'm home.

Jules :Obeauty)

My photos are copyrighted to me. You can't have them. 

5 comments:

SIMON said...

All in all a beautiful picture and that's before the significance of its position in your journey!

don said...

Wow look at that sky! I've been wondering where it went.

Jules said...

Si - Thanks!

Don - That day I drove out of the fog and into this.. it was amazingly beautiful.

Quiet Paths said...

Very beautiful.













Jules said...

Thanks QP - have you driven passed it ever?