Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A windy day thought...

Brilliant thoughts and ideas hit my brain all the time. Some of them come to fruition, some of them don't. This new one I have will be a joy to compose, I think. It's not a song, it's a collection.

Similarly, sometimes I have thoughts I think are brilliant but then they turn out to be really stupid. Or just stupid enough to make me wonder if they are smart or stupid. Today's example of this is:

While watching birds fly in around in today's seriously strong winds, I think to myself, "Those birds sure are having fun in the wind... lookit them goooo!" and I smile and feel good. Then I think, "Wait... maybe that's not fun at all. Maybe that's terribly difficult being thrashed around and struggling with every ounce of your body and soul to be able to reach the branch that you want to perch on, which is also being thrashed around, and all you want is a drink from a puddle, a worm to eat and a place to not be thrashed around... not fun at all.. poor birds."

I guess the lesson here is that you have to choose all the time whether to be the optimist, the pessimist or the realist in life.

I decided to go back to them having fun, because I'm pretty sure that in the book "Jonathan Livingstone Seagull," the main character bird loves flying in the wind. Come to think of it, that's probably where my thoughts on this originated. Before reading that book years ago, I probably didn't have an opinion of whether birds like wind or not.

Jules :O?

3 comments:

The Grunt said...

Now I wonder if the aliens look down on surfers and then someone getting caught in a rip tide as the same fun activity, lol!

jorg wobblington lopez said...

The same thing happens to me sometimes (when I'm high). Here is my example: "Farrah Fawcett's name should actually be Sarah Sawcet."

SIMON said...

With my Seagull Si 'head' on the larger birds like Seagulls and Crows definitely love the winds and currents and have games and genuinely have fun!! Some of the smaller birds obviously struggle with high winds but it is still likely they have fun too!!