Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Grow up, Humanity... you are embarassing!!!

You know.. I just have to get this off my chest.

I think there's something terribly wrong with humanity when in this day and age, we are still racist and prejudiced. I think it's terrible when people in prominent positions are saying things like Donald Sterling (NBA Clippers owner) go ahead and say that they don't want "black people" being brought to his NBA games. I have to say that his consequences were done right. He should be stripped from anything and everything to do with the NBA. But what is also worrisome to me is that at least one very notable NBA player immediately tweeted to the effect that "black NBA players should just make their own league"... something to that effect.

Now, it seems to me that segregation was, strives to be and should continue to be a thing of the past. All it would accomplish would be to further divide people with different skin colors and make even more of a statement that we don't belong together. Hogwash, I say!!!

Here's the thing, people. We are all just one race. I know I am not the first person to spout that out, but it's the truth. We are all the Human Race. That's it, that's all. I have said it time and time again on this blog and in my life, skin color, religion, sexual orientation, body image... whatever. None of it matters. And if you think THAT is what matters, I say SHAME ON YOU.  What matters is: Are you a good person, who contributes to the betterment of society, or aren't you?

I'm not telling you not to have an opinion. But what I'm saying is, make your opinions based on fact because you have solid evidence to support what you believe... don't base it on what history or someone else told you to do. Form your own opinions, and if you're really honest with yourselves, I'm sure you will see that people are just people. Judge them for whether they are good or bad. Not for whether they are a different color or religion from you, or anything else.

Do we discriminate against people because they prefer to wear the colors white or black? How about because they like the taste of honey more than peanut butter? No.

If you want to judge people, do it because they are lazy, or mean, or deliberately send out hateful messages, or are trouble makers that just want to work towards division and war. Don't just blanket judge people because they were born with different skin than you.

Jules >:Ogrrrrr!

2 comments:

SIMON said...

Great post Jules.
Get rid of all ISM's!!

Jules said...

Yes, get rid of them all!