Friday, April 18, 2014

oil pulling... is there truth to the madness?

I'm going to try something called Oil Pulling.

Basic premise: swish a tablespoon of oil around in your mouth for 15 - 20 minutes first thing in the morning (or up to 3 times a day on an empty stomach, I might do mine in the evening before bed) and then SPIT and rinse and brush as usual. It's supposed to draw toxins out of your body. Wash the sink out well afterward.

Reason for trying: Because I've tried just about everything else for things that ail me, so why not try this and see if I start to feel better? Plus, it's probably the only acceptable time, aside from actually brushing your teeth, to spit. And also, I'll have a reason to keep my mouth closed for 20 minutes and just be inside my own head, listening to my thoughts.

Things I'm looking forward to seeing if it works with are: whitening of teeth, making gums and tongue healthier, helping with the candida problem, relieving sinus congestion, clearing up my skin, relieving aches in legs and knees. These are all things that people who do OP say has helped them in the many forums I've been reading (except for candida, but I'm hopeful, since coconut oil combats it anyway).

Bonuses: Promoting bowel regularity and everything that goes along with that. Oh come on.. that's not news to you.

My goal: To try oil pulling for 1 month and see if I feel any healthier or look any better (teeth, skin, etc).

The oil I will attempt to use will be coconut oil, but it looks like you can use any kind, based on personal preference. People also use sunflower or sesame oil a lot.

Experiment to commence April 18th to May 18th.

Jules :Owishmeluck)


2 comments:

SIMON said...

Because you've used just about everything else I like your logic! Hope it works for you, don't forget to let us all know how you get on.

Jules said...

I'm pretty sure my allergies are better off this year, and my teeth are definitely whiter already.... I will continue to swish, even though 20 minutes seems like an eternity.