Thursday, April 03, 2014

Senseless and tragic...

My Auntie Margaret was in a tragic car accident and despite the efforts to save her life, after hours of surgery, they couldn't stop her internal bleeding. As soon as they took her off life support, she passed away. She was turning out of the road that goes to her sub division in Saskatchewan onto the Trans Canada highway there, and it was dark, first thing in the morning. The car approaching her didn't have it's lights turned on, she didn't see him (they suspect). He broadsided her going at least 100km/h and she was basically completely crushed. Where was she going? Did she have important things to do that day? How many lives did that accident impact?

I know accidents happen, but a small part of me can't help but wonder why that happened to her. As far as I know, she was a really great person, morally sound, always trying to help out her family, especially my other Aunt who battles cancer. She didn't seem to get caught up in squabbles. She had 3 children (grown) and some grandchildren, a husband... one of her kids couldn't get there in time to say goodbye. The whole thing just hurts to the core. It's so sad.

She came from a big family and only 3 of her siblings will be at her funeral. Really lame excuses and grudges that are held onto for no real good reason have kept the others away. I would think in a time of need like this, people could put away their pettiness and come together for the sake of family and love and kinship and unconditional support. Why spend your life being angry and resentful? It just makes no sense, especially when life can just .. go... so easily in the blink of an eye. So I find that whole aspect of this terribly sad as well.

Thor and I drive all the time. I'm in my vehicle more for work and family oriented errands than I can even keep track of, and I've had my fair share of close calls, and so has Thor. It just makes you wonder...

I hope and pray that my luck and Thor's luck stays in tact and that something senseless like this doesn't happen to one of us. I pray hard for us everytime we begin a journey. I'll keep praying, I guess.

God Bless you, Auntie. I hope you rest peacefully.

Jules :'O(

3 comments:

SIMON said...

So sorry for your loss Jules.

Keep on praying would never be bad advice.

Jules said...

Thanks..

Quiet Paths said...

I am sorry too for your loss though it's been several weeks. It's never easy. Hugs