Saturday, June 14, 2014

I'm all messy now...

They say everything happens for a reason, but I just can't seem to put together what the reason was for me falling backwards into a pile of sharply edged, pointy landscaping bricks this afternoon. I really messed up my back, and left arm, and you can't see, but my arm's all swollen and across that top lashing on my back, it's all swollen there too. My lower back is all bent out of shape now too, and I have a whacking good headache. 

What am I supposed to learn from this. Maybe to be more aware of what my surrounding's are when I'm jumping full force onto a shovel to dig up deeply rooted grass/weeds? Or maybe it's that I don't always have to help out friends, sometimes letting them do the work is ok? I just couldn't stand idly by while she couldn't even get the shovel to pierce the ground though... 

Irony: I work all the time for the contractor and never get more than a bruise here or there, but I do this for my friend in her yard, all casual and taking my time and this happens. It only takes a second to have an accident, I guess. And there are no take backs. I think that's the lesson... maybe just in time for me to be 20 feet up building a deck extension on Tuesday.

Ugh. Ow. 

Jules :Opainsucks(

3 comments:

SIMON said...

Oh wow!
Ow!!

Tys on Ice said...

ouch! you okay?

Jules said...

Si - Yes it hurt!!

Tys - I'm scarred for life now, actually. One scar on my back and one large one on my arm. Eesh, hey?!