Sunday, July 27, 2014

Some randoms for your enjoyment...

I enjoyed sipping my morning cuppa java while I watched this little beetle walk it's way over the railing of the deck at the upper cabin at Flathead Lake. I think its antennae look cool! 


This was one of the hundreds of birds that flew around while I was at the cabins. What an interesting bunch to watch. They are very social creatures. I didn't know if they were telling each other off or trying to be playful, but often you'd see them flying in pairs, as if they were trying to attract a mate. I think this is a purple martin? I don't know. Such fun!


Only about 4" long, this little fish didn't live a very long life, but it sure did become something's tasty treat! I like the lines in this photo, with the peeling paint and the skeleton. I suppose, however, that if I inked this subject matter, it wouldn't be all too well received.


Someone asked me if the water was crystal clear. Here's the answer, yes.. yes it is. This is Lake MacDonald. It is clear as clear could be and it is cold as cold could be. But given enough grime and sweat and dirt, nothing stops you from dipping in, eventually!


Jules :O)
As always, photos are copyright to me! :) 

3 comments:

SIMON said...

I love all the pics but the last one of Lake Macdonald is amazing!!

SIMON said...

I love all the pics but the last one of Lake Macdonald is amazing!!

SIMON said...

Sorry thought you were short of comments.....Blogger so often does that!