Friday, August 08, 2014

I will win this...

I hate bugs. I hate them outside on a good day, but I hate them even more on a day when I find them inside my house. Actually, I recognize that they have their place outside, so I can tolerate them ok out there. One or two stray ones are no big deal inside the house if you swat them right away, but when I come back to my house after a 3.5 day getaway to find a fly population of about 30 or 40 alive/dead flies, it's like something out of a horror movie to me. Just when I think I've gotten them all, another 6 show up the next day. Then again, that must be all of them, but for the next 3 days, 3 or 4 more appear each day. They are driving me absolutely crazy.

Finally today I found the outside source and the garbage truck took it away this morning. I ruthlessly killed any of the remaining larvae that I saw in the garbage pail out back (I must have looked like a mad woman), and today I paid an arm and a leg to have all of my air ducts and vents cleaned out. I put screening on all my outside vents so they can't come in, and filled in any holes around doors. I have no holes in any of my screens. So PLEASE GOD, let me not find any more effing flies inside my house after today. I beg of you.

I feel like a prisoner in my house because I can't leave for more than half a day or I risk flies finding each other and mating and starting the whole thing all over again. Luckily, the type of fly I have isn't one that lays insane amount of eggs and they die off without a food source, but I mean seriously. It's really bumming me out. But I'll get the little effers. I will.

Stay outside where you won't get killed, cuz if you come in my house, it's lights out for you, flies.

Tell you what though... even though I'm a good housekeeper, my house has never been cleaner than it is right now.

UPDATE: No more flies! I cleaned, had my furnace and air ducts scrubbed, took my garbage out to the garage nightly, never opened the doors for more than 20 seconds at a time, hung fly strips inside the window casings downstairs, bought a fly trap for outside in the yard, taped off my basement windows, screened off all outside vents and voila! No more flies. Thank God. I WIN.

Jules :Ogrrrr!!

3 comments:

SIMON said...

Oh I hope you've got them beat as well!!

Jules said...

GOT THEM BEAT!!! Turned a little bit psycho and OCD in the process, but hey, I got them beat. That's all that matters.

SIMON said...

As long as you got them beat I won't tell a soul!!